Activities and Programs
The camp schedule is packed with various activities from which to select, located either on the Ranch or off-premises. Mornings are for Yoga or running. After breakfast, biking or hiking. Various clinics and lectures are scheduled during the day. After lunch, there are multiple gym activities. Swim classes are throughout the day, with time for free-swim in the Ranch pool. Not all camp is physical! Evening schedule includes lectures, book discussion, star-gazing, dancing and porch-sitting.
- Early morning runs and power walks
- Seminars on training and technique
- Workouts that include hills, intervals and repeats
- Videotape analysis
- Great cycling in the Davis Mountains and surrounding area
- Usually a choice of three distances of 20-85 miles
- Most days have out-back options so that riders can decide how far to go
- Water stops and SAG support on most rides
- Workshops on changing flat tires, shifting gears, etc.
- Mountain biking on ranch roads and mountain trails
- Rides Descriptions (pdf)
- Map of the Scenic Loop (pdf)
- A distance swim workout at the beautiful spring-fed pool at:
Balmorhea State Park
- Water aerobics at Balmorhea pool
- Free swim in Ranch pool when no classes scheduled
- Hikes of varying length and degree of difficulty
- Hikes on the Ranch, in nearby Davis Mts. State Park and some preserves
- Yoga, Pilates, Strength Training, Stretching, Zumba, Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Softball, Washers
Other Activities/Special Interest
- A lively book review
- Star party with semi-pro telescope on the Ranch or at McDonald Observatory
- Talks on nutrition, health, general fitness, local nature topics
- The Friday night: Kick-Up-Your-Heels dance
- Driving to Marfa to see the Marfa Lights
- Relaxing on the porch and visiting with friends!
- Early afternoon and evenings can also be spent doing things on your own, such as visiting the McDonald Observatory, driving to Marfa to view the "Marfa Lights," taking a cool dip in the Balmorhea spring-fed pool or relaxing on your porch!