Fort Davis Chamber
Ft. Davis Weather
- Maintained by Todd Jagger at his Ft. Davis weather station
Ft. Davis Weather
- By Wunderground.com
Points of Interest
Mountains State Park
- The most extensive mountain
range in Texas; with 4 miles of hiking trails and two scenic
The Chihuahuan Desert Research
- Attractions include two hiking trails,
a Visitor's Center, an arboretum and the cactus and succulent
- Self guided tours and guided tours
of the facility are offered daily & star parties occur
on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday nights
Fort Davis National
- Twenty-four roofed buildings and
over 100 ruins and foundations
- A large artesian spring pool that is
open daily and fed by San Solomon Springs; motel-type accommodations
& camping facilities are available
- View one of the few "Unsolved Mysteries"
of our west Texas skies
The Museum of Big Bend - Alpine, TX
- For more than 80 years the Museum of the Big Bend has been collecting and exhibiting
artifacts of the vast Big Bend region, an area inhabited for over 11,000 years.
Chinati Museum - Marfa, TX
- Minimalist Art by Donald Judd -- Self guided tours available.
- The Davis Mountains Preserve including
Texas Mountain Trail Reserve
- Breathtaking mountains and high-country hikes. Sheer river canyons and winding back roads.
Exotic panoramas and star-studded nights. Adventure in the unspoiled West awaits you in the
Texas Mountain Trail Region of Far West Texas.
Fort Davis Accommodations
- Cottages with queen sized beds, cable TV and full private
The Hotel Limpia
- Historic, restored hotel built in 1912, with restaurant
and gift shop
- Pueblo-style adobe hotel built in
the 1930s; located in Davis Mountains State Park
- Suite style hotel rooms and amenities on a family owned and
operated cattle ranch located in the mountains
behind the Prude Ranch
- Historic B&B
The Prude Ranch
- Camp is located here.
- In Alpine; bicycle shop offering repairs, parts and accessories
- In Midland (180 miles away); they will rent bikes to Fitness
Campers at reasonable rates